Print Audit Facilities Manager is a powerful, easy to use tool designed to remotely collect meter reads, automate supplies fulfillment and report service information for managing fleets of copiers, printers, fax machines, and multi-function devices.
Print Audit is the ONLY print management company that has been given access to all of the major office equipment manufacturers' device information. This gives Print Audit the most accurate scan results in the industry.
Facilities Manager Features
Minimal Software to install
Facilities Manager uses a small software program called the Information Collection Engine to perform periodic scans in the environment. The data is then sent to Print Audit and hosted on our servers here so no additional information is written to the computer's disk drives.
The Information Collection Engine is compatible with Internet proxy servers.
No personal information is collected or sent from Facilities Manager. Only the following information is gathered and transmitted to Print Audit’s secure server:
- Printer name, make and model
- Serial number
- IP Address
- MAC Address
- Page Counts
- Toner levels
- Status / Alerts (e.g. out of paper, paper jam)
The Information Collection Engine creates the scan file in XML format and then encrypts it and sends it to our secure server as zipped file.
- Print Audit's server is located in a physically secure environment.
- Print Audit's server is located behind a dedicated hardware firewall that blocks all external access except that which is required for Facilities Manager to function. The server is kept up to date with the latest operating system patches, security patches, and anti-virus updates.
- Server administration logins are restricted to a very limited number of authorized personnel who require access only for routine maintenance and backup purposes.
- Facilities Manager is the only application running on this server and therefore there is no security threat posed by other programs.
- All external access is via secure login (username and password) and only through the secure web application at https://fm.printaudit.com/Login.aspx?brand=35
- Facilities Manager logins are restricted to a single customer account user. Advanced privileges can also be assigned to different users.
The Information Collection Engine requires the following:
- Windows 2000 or newer operating system with Internet Explorer 4.01SP2 or later installed
- A TCP/IP based network
- SNMP enabled network printers
Facilities Manager is supported on Internet Explorer 6 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher.
Technical Overview of the Discovery Process
This topic is a technical overview of how the Information Collection Engine discovers printers on the network. Its main audience is IT personnel who want a greater understanding of how using the Information Collection Engine will impact their network.